Edgar O'Rear Graduate Student Travel Grants Awarded
Edgar O'Rear Travel Grants are given to outstanding graduate students of IBB faculty members. Selected recipients receive funds for costs associated with attending a scientific conference. Students are nominated by their IBB advisor who submits the student's curriculum vitae, the name and description of the conference that the student would attend, a brief statement from the advisor regarding the benefits of this meeting for the student, and a budget of anticipated costs for attending the conference. The 2011 Edgar O'Rear Travel Grant recipients and the scientific conferences they will be attending are:
- Wei Gao, Chemistry, 2011 Fall MRS Meeting.
- Wendell Fleming, Biochemistry & Cell Biology, Annual Mtg. of the American Soc. of Plant Biologists: Plant Biology 2012.
- Lydia Kisley, Chemistry, 244th ACS National Meeting & Exposition.
- Lori Pretzer, Chemistry, ACS National Meeting in the Division of Catalysis Science and Technology.
- Jie Chou, Bioengineering, Gordon Research Conference on Bioanalytical Sensors.
- James Spurlin III, Biochemistry & Cell Biology, Annual Mtg. for the Assoc. for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology.
- Tiffany Vo, Bioengineering, 9th World Biomaterials Congress in China.
Congratulations to all!